COLLAB is the governance token of the Collab.Land Co-op. Every COLLAB token represents a vote in Co-op governance.
The primary duty of COLLAB holder governance is to ensure the growth and stewardship of the Co-op by managing parameters of Collab.Land. This includes:
- Miniapp Marketplace parameters like submission fees, bug bounties, and more
- Distributions from the Co-op Treasury
- Making changes to the Collab.Land Co-op Charter
- Voting on requests for budgets
Changes to parameters will increasingly undergo Collab.Land Co-op governance process as part of progressive decentralization and are voted on by COLLAB token holders.
The Collab.Land Co-op Charter is the membership agreement for participation in Collab.Land governance. It can be changed through governance proposals.
Individuals' membership may be revoked for violations of the Charter.
The Collab.Land Co-op requires holding a DAO Pass NFT for that wallet to participate in governance. It is also a consideration for defining
Quorum requirement, and
proposal threshold parameters of the governor smart contracts.
The DAO Pass is a soul-bound NFT that is a on-chain marker of membership in the Collab.Land Co-op. Membership is defined in the Collab.Land Charter and membership can be revoked for violations of the Co-op Charter.
The DAO Pass smart contract address is
0xfc130bEA3Caba3e97db9D18c4AC5e2478c4eb996 on Optimism.
Currently, DAO Passes can only be minted to EOAs, wallets that are not smart contracts.
SAFE, friend.tech, patch wallet
✅ MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet, Ledger, Zengo, Bitski...
Origami is planning to add this functionality later.
Only DAO Members (wallets that hold a DAO Pass) are eligible to particpate in governance. Members:
The major tools for Collab.Land governance are:
- Governance Forum: The main space for discussion and ideation about changes to Collab.Land and governance proposals.
- Origami Governance Dashboard: Our platform for on-chain governance. Delegate or vote with COLLAB tokens held in your DAO Pass wallet or delegated to you.
- Discord: For informal governance discussion, feedback, and more.
Collab.Land governance uses a fork of Compound's Governor Bravo smart contracts.
Collab.Land's deployed governance contracts are on Optimism.
The treasury multisig is a SAFE on Optimism at